You know what grinds my gears? Inconsiderate people that only think about themselves and don't think about (or just don't care about) how it affects the people around them. Several particular instances have surfaced in the past few days, and I am still irritated by them. One will be easily avoided on the next go-round.
Episode 1: Alcoholic Amnesia
So you tell me you wanna come down and go out for your 21st birthday, AWESOME! Great time to hang out and celebrate your new found ability to legally purchase alcohol. It's a rite of passage that is highly spoken of to college-age kids. Mine was pretty crappy, and I only had the alcohol that I ended up buying for everyone, so I wanna make sure you celebrate yours in a drunken stupor on my dime if that's what you desire.... Do you think it might have been okay if you had said, "Hey I'm not coming! I decided to stay home and get wasted"? Even a simple text with caveman-like grunts to that effect would have been nice. You know how I found out? Facebook pictures after the fact, and of course the lack of hearing from you. Then you skip out on other things you had planned as well...typical. But I'll chalk this one up to immaturity and not get my hopes up next time. I hope you had a blast and can remember it all...
Episode 2: The Bait and Switch
Hey, let's surprise a close friend with birthday wishes on video! Let's do it tomorrow after work! Oh, wait.... I totally ditched you to do it with other friends, even though you were considerate enough to be waiting for me at home instead of meeting up with the aforementioned friends, that's cool right? Um, NOT!
Episode 3: Douchebag Debauchery
'Ring, Ring'... Ok, so because you feel like I am so indebted to you and I have no life, I'll babysit for 2-3 hours for you. You haven't randomly planned my nighttime endeavors for me in a few months, so why not? What you failed to mention was that your kids had HOMEWORK!!! You also forgot to mention that they don't have school tomorrow, so you're gonna just expect that they'll spend all day with me and my mom FOR FREE! See the stupidity here? And as I type we're slowly inching towards Hour 4 with your kids, FOR FREE! You know who should watch your kids? The guy that's always asking my mom to watch your kids so you guys can go out. But wait!!! You don't want him to do that because then he'd know you're going out without him. Awkward.... I don't care though, if you wanted to have a social life, you shouldn't have had 2 kids. Or even with that, maybe you should invest in a babysitter, or at least offer to pay me. You stopped buying me stuff when I graduated college, so should I stop babysitting for free when your divorce was finalized? I think that sounds fair... So for you to tell me that I'm jealous of you because you have "so much more" than I do, I would guess you're right because you have a sister that's stupid enough to still babysit for you when I know I'm not gonna get a single penny for this, and possibly not even a thank you. And as we reach Hour 4, I am JUST hearing from you saying that you knew they didn't have school and you didn't answer my MANY calls about their homework. If I was out and left my kids at home, I might not check on them, but I would at least leave my phone on and charged in case I needed to be reached. I guess I know what to do next time... Say HELL NO, PAY ME! You can't have your midnight trysts on my dime, because you haven't GIVEN ME ANY! Bullshit to the max, in my opinion.
Well at least my rants have somewhat appeased me, maybe I will soon be in my own bed finishing up the latest awesome K-Drama I've been watching.
Hasta Luego! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment